Thursday 7 July 2011

Ill take Double D over 3D movies


If I had some spare barrels of gasoline, I'd go pour them out in giant letters in a large meadow and set fire to it so it read" Dear Hollywood. We the people, kindly ask you to stop trying to make us give a crap about movies in 3D!" New exciting movie thing comes out, you take the blue pill, you watch flick in outdated squares-ville 2D format, daddio. You take the red pill, same thing but then the cinema resembles some kind of absurd Steve Urkill cloning fascility and pay extra for the privilege but hey, its 3D and I mean 3D man! My question is thus, does this really improve the overall quality of the film? short answer: No . long answer :No

That when they even give you a choice, I've arrived at cinemas where there's not even a 2D option available As a side note, I had to laugh when working in the film industry and encountered people who didn't know the difference between 2D and 3D,I wonder how they ever managed to acquire enough money to become actual clients with that world class intellect.

Nearly everyone I know would prefer to watch the latest blockbuster flop in normal God given 2d vision, and you know you've fucked up when people start finding the logical downgrade of technology preferable. Most of the time its just a few pounds extra for the nerdy goggles they make you wear and half the time the 3d effects are so negligible your tempted just to yank your own eyeballs out from its sockets to see if your optic nerve is still attached.

Perhaps 3d is still in its infancy, as I know some movies like Transformers 3 really takes 3d by the horns and makes it its little techno bitch like Andy Defrane in Shawshank. But if 3D films are in the process of birth than we the audience need to give it a smack to bring it to life because the quality now is like the mother just followed through in the effort to squeeze it out.

Talking of which, Transformers 3 has been completely and predictably ravaged all over the place since it come out, completely devoured and stripped to its bones in mere seconds like one of those teens in Pirannha 3D and this time everyones having a go at it, from the reviewers to the crazy bag lady discussing her favourite vintages of cat piss. I never thought I'd be grateful for the sub human douche bag demographic who enjoys fast cars and hot chicks who on this occasion I'm siding with in the war between child like wonderment and joyless cynicism . I ask what hope is there for a world thats found mundaneness in make- believe?

No comments:

Post a Comment