Saturday 2 July 2011


So luckily HMV were cool enough to let me swop Starcraft 2 for something that wouldn't involve a journey to Mt Doom and back only to have the privilege of watching the intro cinematic and then the game committing hara kiri. I stood there for near to half an hour deciding what I wanted instead, as SC2 was an expensive game which meant I could either get my hands on a new Top title or perhaps several old titles that flew under my Sex-ray vision last year.

In the end I opted for 3 little gems . Firstly Red dead redemption: I'm not sold on any game set in the wild west, I'm a strict science fiction buff and I place the wild west in the same box as Tolkien-esque fantasy settings in which I don't give a crud about. However, I've always loved Rock stars other magnum opuses like GTA and L.A noire is still quite pricey . Also its possible that this will be a game of the likes of which I've never played before so it at least will be novel, and Rock-star has always been a paragon for quality.

Secondly I went for Dante s Inferno. This game is the closest you'll get to God of War on the Xbox 360 , and its basically just the same scenario but with Biblical mythology in the place of Greek mythology.

Thirdly we have Halo wars. Wanting to get my fix of real time strategy which star-craft would have provided if it hadn't been such a whiny little primadonna , Halo wars will have to try to scratch that little itch. I've never gotten into the Halo franchise and also controlling a RTS on a game controller as opposed to a mouse and keyboard interface sounds like a recipe for a star spangled cluster-fuck. Then I remind myself that first person shooters were bit tricky with the analogue stick initially but now I can head shot enemy bots in my sleep.

So we have open world sandbox game, a hack n slash button basher and then a Real time strategy game. Having four different personalities means i need on hand several different genres of games for whenever one of the personalities decides to shift. Bullet storms got the first person shooter covered, but the fun has dried up in the game and there's motivation to continue now.


Trust me , its not fun that makes me finish games. if I want to have fun, ill go out drinking and get lucky. I finish games if they motivate me, ie mass effect 2 had me wanting to romance the lovely lady and then ensure all my team-mates survived the upcoming suicide mission, then romance the lovely lady some more with some proficient german sex.

No comments:

Post a Comment